Wireless warehouse solutions work by linking warehouse workers to your warehouse management system where warehouse activities are being recorded via a wireless handheld or vehjcle-mounted device. The device tells employees where to go to pick up, put away, count, or move product within the plant.
This translates to a better control over the movement and storage of materials within the warehouse, it maximize the efficiency of the receipt and shipment of goods, optimises warehouse space utilisation and provides information at all times on exactly where goods are stored, allowing employees to improve and maintain high customer service levels.
Benefits of a wireless warehouse solution include:
- Manage inventory and orders wirelessly and in real-time
- Collect data and images to track goods
- Speed up picking and stacking
- Enable efficient stock replenishment
- Reduce data collection errors and operating costs
- Interface with a WMS or ERP system
- Keep in voice contact anywhere in the store or warehouse
- Witness ROI in as little as four months
Pocket Solutions has installed and deployed numerous wireless warehousing systems for customers in New Zealand and Australia, in many cases in conjunction with PITAN and their excellent StorMan WMS system. We’ve also developed customised WMS front ends using the RFGen rapid application suite, which has numerous tested and certified transaction routines for use with Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, MS Dynamics and others.
We’ve worked with manufacturers, third party logistics operators, distributors, and even ports.